I’m happy I took part in another Django Girls workshop as a coach, and also found ways to contribute back to the tutorial along the way.
Whenever I coach Django Girls, I always go through the tutorial again, before the event whenever possible. This time, I decided to go through it during the event as well, with fresh GitHub and PythonAnywhere accounts, to be as close to the “first time” experience as I could.
I reviewed a number of issues and commented on a few:
- Missing step in the CSS section #1596
- Github has removed password authentication and now requires an access token #1739
- Warning email from GitGuardian about SECRET_KEY #1687
- Git branch rename is allowed until a commit exists #1779
- Ignore the default branch name problem #1780
- Change os.path.join to Pathlib / #1770